We went to you for questions about world building, and you had some really good ones. The questions are listed below, and our answers are secreted within MP3 file.
- Has there ever been a piece of world building that you didn’t include, and regretted not including?
- How do you remain consistent?
- How do you decide between writing a secondary world fantasy, and creating an historical fantasy?
- Can you avoid cultural appropriation while still using elements inspired by other cultures?
- (This one is getting a can of worms: there’s an entire episode on cultural appropriation coming up)
- What’s the minimum amount of world building required?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: A Wilder Rose by Susan Wittig Albert, narrated by Mary Robinette Kowal
Writing Prompt: Our next master class episodes are on description. Take a scene that includes some things that you've world-built, and rewrite that scene using completely different words.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.