Microcasting! Again!! Now with exclamation points!!! You’ll have to have a listen for our answers, but here are the questions:
- How do you deal with bad reviews?
- How do you apply Brandon’s magic system rules to science fiction?
- Dan, will you do the marshmallow voice for us again?
- How do you keep tension high without exhausting the reader?
- You’ve made your manuscript as good as you know how to. Now you need to make it even better, based on feedback. What do you do?
- Any tips on creating suspension of disbelief?
- How do you deal with annoying fans?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Howl’s Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones, narrated by Jenny Sterlin.
Writing Prompt: The story of the writer and her VERY ENTHUSIASTIC alien fan who is impossible to escape.
“Oddly, no. Sometimes you guys are dull.” 5:22, Mary Robinette Kowal.
Mary’s Shmoozing 101 Link: Right here.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible. Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership*.
*Note: From the Audible website, here are the terms of the free membership. Read the fine print, please!
Audible® Free Trial Details
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.