Steve Diamond joins us for our third and final Elemental Horror episode as we field your questions about this particular building block. Here are the questions we selected from your submissions:
- If I want to make peanut butter terrifying without being silly, how do I do that?
- What is your personal line between horror and “gore-nography?”
- How do you avoid going too far with graphic elements?
- Soundtracks are huge for horror movies. How do you set the mood without this tool?
- What’s the best way for a thriller writer to edge into writing horror?
- How do you decide when to show the monster, and how does it change the story when that happens?
Credits: This episode was recorded by Daniel Thompson, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Writing Prompt: Outline a story in which your character must choose to do something horrific.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: I Am Legend, by Richard Matheson, narrated by Robertson Dean
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.