If there’s a crowd with good questions, it’s the Out of Excuses Workshop and Retreat attendees.
- Given the trend toward moral ambiguity, is there still a place for an unquestionably evil character?
- Should you publish a first book that isn’t in the style or genre that you’re ultimately interested in?
- Is it possible to write epic fantasy with a single POV?
- Of all of the myriad talents of the literary agents you work with, what’s the one that makes you stick with your agent?
- How do you maintain your writing chops when you’re buried in the research phase of a project?
- What are some issues a short story writer should be aware of when tackling a novel?
- How do you go about discovery writing characters?
- When you build a story, does the foreshadowing go in during the first pass, or in later edits?
Our sponsor, Audible, is giving away Legion: Skin Deep, by Brandon Sanderson between now and December 24th. Follow that link and get a free audio book!
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Angelmaker, by Nick Harkaway, narrated by Daniel Weyman
Writing Prompt: "Everywhere I look, everyone is covered with ketchup."
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.