Peter Orullian joins us in front of a live audience at Westercon 67 for a Q&A. The questions include:
- As a writer, how do you handle reviewing other people’s books?
- How do you compartmentalize your writing to prevent that obsession from displacing everything else?
- How do you create frightening, unique creatures?
- What are the basics about networking at a convention?
- Is there a yield for the average story idea?
- What rules do you follow and what rules do you break when writing epic fantasy?
- What can you do in critique groups to teach craft if you’re avoiding prescriptive critique?
- How strongly do you believe that the audience won’t remember what you’ve told them, but will remember how you said it?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Spellcaster by Claudia Gray, narrated by Khristine Hvam.
Writing Prompt: Write about a support group for writers.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.