Steve Diamond joins us for our third and final Elemental Horror episode as we field your questions about this particular building block. Here are the questions we selected from your submissions:
- If I want to make peanut butter terrifying without being silly, how do I do that?
- What is your personal line between horror and “gore-nography?”
- How do you avoid going too far with graphic elements?
- Soundtracks are huge for horror movies. How do you set the mood without this tool?
- What’s the best way for a thriller writer to edge into writing horror?
- How do you decide when to show the monster, and how does it change the story when that happens?
Credits: This episode was recorded by Daniel Thompson, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Outline a story in which your character must choose to do something horrific.
I Am Legend, by Richard Matheson, narrated by Robertson Dean