Gama Ray Martinez joins us at LTUE to field questions on the Element of Wonder, which were submitted by members of our audience. Here are the questions:
- How do you create wonder in non-genre stories, where there are no super-powers, spaceships, or spellcasters?
- How do you avoid making the wonder stale?
- Are there stages of wonder, similar to the stages of grief?
- Does wonder come from the style of the prose, the pacing, or from other things?
- How would you foreshadow wonder?
Have a world-weary character, one who is not in awe, and find ways to help the reader experience wonder despite being in the POV of a character who is not.
Shadowguard, by Gama Ray Martinez, narrated by Adam Verner