Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes the stars align and serendipity is made manifest. And sometimes Mercedes Lackey happens to be hanging around at the same convention you’re recording podcasts at, and sits herself down to answer questions with you. Or rather with us.
Here are the questions. You’ll need to listen to the podcast for the answers:
- (For Mercedes) How do you stay relevant through the numerous changes in the industry?
- How do you go about creating a title for a project?
- Is blending 1st-person and 3rd-person viewpoints cheating?
- (For Howard) Should marketing research be done before launching an online story?
- When, where, and how do you end chapters?
- How can you tell if you’re overusing narrative language?
- How should a young writer balance their writing time against other activities?
- What are the parts of being an author that you hate (specifically the non-writing parts)?
- (For Mercedes) What advice do you have for finding alpha & beta readers?
- Is it distracting to write out a character’s accent?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Bastion: Collegium Chronicles Book 5, by Mercedes Lackey, narrated by Nick Podehl.
Writing Prompt: Eavesdrop on a conversation at the coffee shop, then go home and write the end of that conversation.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, December 15th, 2013 at 4:00 pm and is filed under Conventions, Guest, Q&A, Season 8, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.