Microcasting! It’s what we’ve taken to calling a Q&A. Eric Patten joins us for this one. Here are the questions:
- What’s your first step in the rewriting process?
- How do you write Artificial Intelligences as characters?
- Tactful promotion: how do you get nominated for a Hugo or Nebula?
- How do you decide whether or not to take an offer from a publisher?
- Do you use a writing notebook? How, and for what?
- What methods do you use to test the “coolness” and/or viability of a story idea?
- What genre or style do you read that is outside of the one(s) in which you write?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Red Storm Rising, by Tom Clancy, narrated by Michael Prichard
Writing Prompt: Two words: “Flying Caldecott.”
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible. Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership*.
*Note: From the Audible website, here are the terms of the free membership. Read the fine print, please!
Audible® Free Trial Details
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 9th, 2013 at 4:00 pm and is filed under Career, Demonstration, Editing, Guest, Ideas, Q&A, Sci-fi, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.