Microcasting! It’s what we’ve taken to calling a Q&A. Eric Patten joins us for this one. Here are the questions:
- What’s your first step in the rewriting process?
- How do you write Artificial Intelligences as characters?
- Tactful promotion: how do you get nominated for a Hugo or Nebula?
- How do you decide whether or not to take an offer from a publisher?
- Do you use a writing notebook? How, and for what?
- What methods do you use to test the “coolness” and/or viability of a story idea?
- What genre or style do you read that is outside of the one(s) in which you write?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Red Storm Rising, by Tom Clancy, narrated by Michael Prichard
Writing Prompt: Two words: "Flying Caldecott."
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 9th, 2013 at 4:00 pm and is filed under Career, Demonstration, Editing, Guest, Ideas, Q&A, Sci-fi, Season 8, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.