By Writing Excuses | November 29, 2012 - 8:21 am - Posted in NaNoWriMo, Season 7

Brandon and Mary are back to offer you some last-minute help.

Are you stuck? We have a tip to get you un-stuck.

Is it being difficult? We will help you approach the difficulty differently, in a way you are certain to hate (and thank us for later.)

Sure, there are only two days left, and this was originally recorded to air while you still had a week, but don’t use our lateness as an excuse for slacking off. Slack ON!

Need additional motivation! writtenkitten.net!

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 29th, 2012 at 8:21 am and is filed under NaNoWriMo, Season 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

1. November 29, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

Ah! kitten, thank but no thanks. doing a scene from another point a view is a interesting idea. I might try that one tonight, I’ve got 8k left to write if i want to win the Nano!

Posted by Jeannot S.
  2. November 29, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

I finished with 25 chapters, 60,351 words! I was so happy to print and laminate my Winner cert at work lol. I will use one of those chapters for my scholarship application!

Posted by Travis Sullivan
  3. November 29, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

I just wrote 5000 words in written kitten thanks to that. Admittedly they were all “I”s and it involved liberal use of copying and pasting, but…I’m not doing NaNo anyway.

Good luck to all those who are frantically trying to wrap up.

Posted by Rashkavar
  4. November 29, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

Faster than a speeding bullet, more cuddly than a cute kitten and 100 words…

It’s a transcript!

5. November 30, 2012 @ 7:02 am

Question: Would you guys rather I post a comment here, or use listlener mail for any writing questions? I sometimes joke with myself that I have so many world building questions, I could fill up a whole world building writing prompt book.D:

Posted by Sarah
  6. November 30, 2012 @ 10:08 pm

Thank you for this! I listened to this last night (one day before Nano was done) and it made me get out of bed and finish the 10,000 words I needed to win my first Nano! I love your podcasts!
    Katy

Posted by Katy
  7. December 2, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Question: Also in another podcast, it was mentioned you better know you facts for military sf. How do you know the person critiquing your science is part of the .03 percent actually in the military? Especially online.

Posted by Sarah
  8. December 2, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

Just perhaps, you might get one person who knows about science to comment on the science… and another person, who knows about the military, to comment on the military stuff?

Posted by Ed
  9. December 2, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

thank you for Written Kitten! I always get so caught up in the intricacies of outlining and planning, that no actual writing ever happens. I have never even started a NaNoWriMo story. But today I started writing on Written Kitten. No outline, no plan. Just writing off the top of my head. And today I’ve written over 500 words. Which may not sound like much for you seasoned NaNoWriMo’ers, but for me this is a major break through. And the best part is…its so much FUN! Outlining was always such a tedious and laborious chore. And as all my favourite authors outlined, it seemed that was the only true path to success. But discovery writing has broken those shackles! I cannot wait to get back to writing Matilda and treasure diving and falling skies. And we mustn’t forget the kittens!

Posted by Wendy