By Writing Excuses | November 14, 2012 - 7:33 pm - Posted in Bonus, Guest, NaNoWriMo, Season 7

Week two is over. You might be asking yourself if it’s worth it. Is it worth it?

Hey! Dan Wells and his brother Rob are here to tell you why this is worth it.

And then, in the spirit of distracting you, they tell you about their pop-culture podcast, Do I Dare To Eat a Peach?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 at 7:33 pm and is filed under Bonus, Guest, NaNoWriMo, Season 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

1. November 14, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

Oh dear… Dan Wells commenting on pop culture?

Posted by Rashkavar
  2. November 15, 2012 @ 12:21 am

I’m done with 37k words so far.

Posted by Kush
  3. November 15, 2012 @ 5:07 am

Great advice! doing Nanowrimo for the first time this year i can easily say that the second rule of thumb is shut your inner editor down. I used to edit as i was writing and usually i could write 200 to 300 word on my lunch break but now i can pop from 600 to 850 words. i mean it’s crazy i never wrote that much in my entire writing life. I passed the 26k last night and i’m doing good. 14 days so far and it never stop, i’m on a roll baby!

Posted by Jeannot S.
  4. November 15, 2012 @ 6:11 am

And for those who would like to print this out and pin it to your workspace so that you can contemplate it…

A transcript! Yes, words! Just for your perusal and edification.

5. November 15, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

I can eat a peach for hours.

Posted by Sean
  6. November 16, 2012 @ 11:05 am

An additional motivational story, if you start feeling down. Stephen King’s first published novel, Carrie, was only finished because his wife fished the first 3 pages of it (or rather, the short story version) out of the garbage and made him finish it. Successful writers get discouraged about their stuff, too.

Posted by Rashkavar
  7. November 23, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

Huh. This one did not show up on my iTunes feed. I must retrieve it.

Posted by Amanda Jensen
  8. November 23, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

Odd. This episode does not show in the iTunes store for me. Is there a way I can fetch it to my iTunes Podcast directory by hand? I’m sorry to ask, but I can’t seem to figure it out myself.

Posted by Amanda Jensen
  9. December 3, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

Oh! It just came up in my podcast feed right where it ought to be! Thanks so much for working it out!

Posted by Amanda Jensen