It’s microcasting time! This week we take a crack at the following listener questions:
- What percentage of a rough draft makes it into print?
- What are the pitfalls of jumping from novels to short fiction, and vice versa?
- Do you need to start with short fiction first?
- (This answer involves this link to Jim C. Hines.)
- Should a novice writer fix glaring story problems during a draft, or wait until after?
- Can a self-published author get picked up by a traditional publisher?
- How do you get over the fear of writing something unoriginal?
- Can I pay you to help me outline my story?
Writing Prompt: Write a story about a squid who's trying to write a space opera which is not about squids in space.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Hellhole, by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.