Microcasting! Again!! Now with exclamation points!!! You’ll have to have a listen for our answers, but here are the questions:
- How do you deal with bad reviews?
- How do you apply Brandon’s magic system rules to science fiction?
- Dan, will you do the marshmallow voice for us again?
- How do you keep tension high without exhausting the reader?
- You’ve made your manuscript as good as you know how to. Now you need to make it even better, based on feedback. What do you do?
- Any tips on creating suspension of disbelief?
- How do you deal with annoying fans?
“Oddly, no. Sometimes you guys are dull.” 5:22, Mary Robinette Kowal.
Mary’s Shmoozing 101 Link: Right here.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones, narrated by Jenny Sterlin
Writing Prompt: The story of the writer and her VERY ENTHUSIASTIC alien fan who is impossible to escape.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 at 6:00 pm and is filed under Conventions, Criticism, Fantasy, Q&A, Sci-fi, Season 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.