Recorded live at Utah Valley University, here’s another Q&A episode from the LTUE Symposium!
- What was Brandon’s plan with Mistborn and the themes regarding establishment?
- Why does Kelsier shrug so much? (This leads into a fun discussion of “tells.”)
- How do you know when to stop a chapter? What about expanding it?
- How do you make your prose more transparent?
- How do you decide who and what to cut?
- What do you do to filter out the extraneous ideas that come while you’re writing?
- What can collaborators do in order to create a single “voice” for the book?
- What’s the best way to tackle a long back-story?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Partials, by Dan Wells, narrated by Julia Whelan
Writing Prompt: From Earl K. Hill, our cameraman: tell a whole story from the view of the sidekick.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 24th, 2012 at 6:23 pm and is filed under Live Audience, Q&A, Season 7, Theory and Technique. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.