Recorded live at Utah Valley University, here’s another Q&A episode from the LTUE Symposium!
- What was Brandon’s plan with Mistborn and the themes regarding establishment?
- Why does Kelsier shrug so much? (This leads into a fun discussion of “tells.”)
- How do you know when to stop a chapter? What about expanding it?
- How do you make your prose more transparent?
- How do you decide who and what to cut?
- What do you do to filter out the extraneous ideas that come while you’re writing?
- What can collaborators do in order to create a single “voice” for the book?
- What’s the best way to tackle a long back-story?
Writing Prompt: From Earl K. Hill, our cameraman: tell a whole story from the view of the sidekick.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Partials, by Dan Wells, narrated by Julia Whelan