James Dashner joins us for a Q&A at Utah Valley University during Life, The Universe, and Everything.
The first question starts out amazingly rough, but the 12-year-old asking it manages to stick the landing. The questions include:
- Why is the ARC of James’ first book so different from the later books?
- How do you handle paragraph- and sentence-level edits?
- How do you plot your stories?
- How do you craft endings that are both satisfying, and leave the reader wanting more?
- What do you do when your compelling villain threatens to take over the whole book?
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Everneath, by Brody Ashton, narrated by Amy Rubinate
Writing Prompt: You get kidnapped and put in an asylum for the criminally sane.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 6th, 2012 at 9:33 pm and is filed under Q&A, Season 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.