It’s again time for us to do a Q&A by any other name!
- Is it better to include romance, horror, SF, or other genre elements to flesh out a story, or should the story stand alone?
- Any tips for developing an idea without getting caught in Worldbuilder’s Disease?
- Any NaNo WriMo tips? (yes.)
- What did you to do build an audience before you got published and famous and stuff?
- How do you create sub-plots without overshadowing the main plot?
- What are the most important things you learned as writers during 2011?
- How do you stay motivated (especially during editing) when it seems like everything you wrote is crap?
Writing Prompt: Listener Bill Housely provided this one—a lone woman who runs an orbital refueling post makes first contact when some aliens arrive in desperate need of fuel.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: Persuasion, by Jane Austen. Note that there are lots of available recordings. We recommend something unabridged, like the version linked here.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.