Microcasting! This is a fancy word for “Q&A” — we pick some questions from Twitter, and do what amounts to nine mini-episodes of Writing Excuses with a side of bacon. This time around the questions were:
- What do you do if you dont like your characters?
- How do you keep your plot on track?
- Is it better to use real locations in an Urban Fantasy?
- What do you do about plot holes?
- How do you know if you should abandon a story and move on to something else?
- How do you ensure the answers to mysteries are satisfying?
- What are some language-level mistakes that mark writing as amateurish?
- What should a scene consist of?
- What kind of bacon is best?
- Why is Schlock, who looks like a pile of poo, lovable instead of disgusting?
Dan Has A New Book Out This Week: Partials releases this Tuesday, Februrary 28th.
Howard Has An Actual Birthday This Week: Wednesday, February 29th. There will be a sale on at schlockmercenary.com, and it will involve the numbers 11, 29, and 44.
Audiobook Pick-of-the-Week: One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire, narrated by Mary Robinette Kowal
Writing Prompt: Write what one of your characters would write if that character had a blog.
This episode of Writing Excuses has been brought to you by Audible.
Visit http://AudiblePodcast.com/excuse for a free trial membership.
Audible Free Trial Details
Get an audiobook of your choice, free, with a 30-day trial. After the trial, your paid membership will begin at $14.95 per month. With your membership, you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.
This entry was posted on Sunday, February 26th, 2012 at 6:48 pm and is filed under Characters, Dialog, Editing, Grammar and Spelling, Plot, Q&A, Scenes, Season 7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.