By Writing Excuses | September 13, 2009 - 4:40 pm - Posted in Uncategorized

We won a Parsec Award at Dragon*Con, and it’s a darn good thing we weren’t there in person to give an acceptance speech. Otherwise this podcast might have happened live, in front of hundreds of people with sharp and/or heavy things in their pockets.

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 13th, 2009 at 4:40 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

1. September 13, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

I can see why you guys are all famous bestselling writers. Your eloquence, as ever, astounds and delights.

And you don’t need to thank your listeners for awesome. I’m sure it’s true for everyone else who listens to this podcast as well, but in my case at least, it just comes naturally.

*ahem*

Seriously, congratulations. You deserve it :P

Posted by Raethe
  2. September 13, 2009 @ 10:57 pm

Oh you guys won a Parsec? ;-)

Posted by junkfoodmonkey
  3. September 13, 2009 @ 11:24 pm

Well, Finally some recognition. You guys deserve it and more.

Posted by WEKM
  4. September 14, 2009 @ 1:00 am

Best acceptance speech EVER.

Congrats guys. Well deserved. :D5

Posted by Cornan
  5. September 14, 2009 @ 1:06 am

Congrats on the award!

You deserve it.

Posted by A.R.Williams
  6. September 14, 2009 @ 4:01 am

Well deserved.

Posted by Bovine Blue
  7. September 14, 2009 @ 9:03 am

Brava! You do such a wonderful job with it. Always nice to be recognized for your dedication to the craft!

Posted by Dharma Kelleher
  8. September 14, 2009 @ 11:55 pm

Bravo! Congratulations!

(With how buzzed I am right now, this was hilarious.)

I wonder what you guys said after the cutoff…it seemed rather abrupt and mid-word.

Posted by Rashkavar
  9. September 15, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

That was awesome. I kinda wish you guys did do it live just to see the reaction… and write a story based on it, hehe…

Posted by JH Wolf(star)
  10. September 16, 2009 @ 3:09 pm

Ha, i’ll be impressed when you have twelve parsecs, and convert them to time.

jk, congrats on the win. Writing excuses is in my top two podcasts, and possible my favorite.

Posted by jake
  11. January 12, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

[…] 4, featuring new, shorter episode titles! Also, if you don’t count the bonus episodes or the Parsec Award Acceptance Speech, this is our 100th […]