By Howard Tayler | July 6, 2009 - 8:26 am - Posted in Site News

Last week we recorded four episodes, but apparently they haven’t been dropped into the hopper for posting yet. I blame the long weekend and good barbecue. As soon as the file has been processed by Producer Jordo I’ll start writing it up and get ol’ 3.6 on the air for your edification.

Sorry for the delay! We here at Writing Excuses hope your Independence Day was enjoyable and your weekend long enough.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 6th, 2009 at 8:26 am and is filed under Site News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

1. July 6, 2009 @ 8:31 am

Dang.

Posted by WEKM
  2. July 6, 2009 @ 9:08 am

Meh!

Posted by Rafael
  3. July 6, 2009 @ 9:30 am

Brandon, Howard, Dan, just wanted to take a second to thank you for this podcast. It’s inspired me to get back into writing, something I’ve long enjoyed but which had languished due to not enough hours in the day. As a direct result of stumbling over a link to this on Howard’s site, I’ve had my first story accepted for publication. It’s not exactly a major sale but it’s significant to me. My story can be found at http://www.loreleisignal.com/Speech.html if anyone’s interested. There’s a link at the top of the story to offer constructive criticism if you’d like to help me improve. Thanks again, guys, for investing your valuable time to offer your insight and experience to others. Since I can only assume that your intent here is to help others to succeed, I thought you might be interested in knowing that you’re doing just that.

Posted by Dan J.
  4. July 6, 2009 @ 10:16 am

Congratulations, Dan, that’s awesome! It makes us feel as though our hard work ain’t been in vain for nothin’.

Posted by Dan Wells
  5. July 6, 2009 @ 11:48 am

Congrats, Dan! That’s fantastic.

Those slackers over at Writing Excuses, though, I dunno… ;)

Posted by Raethe
  6. July 6, 2009 @ 1:10 pm

Congratulations, Dan.

Update – 3.6 will be up “late tonight” according to Producer Jordo.

7. July 6, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

That probably means tomorrow for me, due to the time difference. But thanks for the heads up Howard.

Posted by Rafael
  8. July 6, 2009 @ 4:28 pm

I’m tempted to jokingly boo…but you guys are just so awesome that the sarcasm gets caught in my throat.

I’d been picking up on my writing before I stumbled across this (or, more correctly, my worldbuilding…ick), until I came up with an idea that needed extra info on how to write violence (a scene that is, if I just described what happens, a lot like the “glorification of violence” scenes you see a lot, but I want to make the emotion of it come out as well.) I found your podcast on violence (2.14 or so), and found it very helpful, and have since listened to the rest of them, and it’s really helped me out.

Now if only I could get used to the fact that I’m not writing for a fanfic RP anymore, and thus should be writing a bit more than just a single scene at a time (the problem with RPs is that you’re serialized and thus don’t have much luxury to edit and such, and furthermore other people are also writing and might make what you meant to do not work as well as it once did).

Posted by Rashkavar
  9. July 6, 2009 @ 6:49 pm

It might mean next week for me. Ah well. :P

Posted by Raethe
  10. July 7, 2009 @ 12:03 am

Still nothing from Jordo. Since the current process is “Jordo edits the sound file and uploads, Howard writes the byline” it’ll be at least 6 hours from this comment before you see something. Because Howard is going to bed now.

Sorry, folks!

11. July 7, 2009 @ 12:20 am

Booo….Hisss…..

Posted by Me
  12. July 7, 2009 @ 6:11 am

I will have to seek solace in my Youtube playlists.

Posted by Jen
  13. July 7, 2009 @ 6:56 am

I want you to know you totally ruined my Monday. :P How can I start the week with no new podcast!

Jana

Posted by Jana Stocks
  14. July 7, 2009 @ 9:26 am

Shame on you. SHAME.

:D

Posted by Raethe
  15. July 7, 2009 @ 9:47 am

Sounds like Jordo needs a spankin’! Get to it Howard!

Posted by Patrick Sullivan