By Howard Tayler | March 22, 2009 - 8:33 pm - Posted in Site News

Jordan emailed me from his Blackberry to say that the power is out on his block. The audio file is therefore trapped on a cold disk, so barring Jordan driving over here to my place right now we’re not going to get our second Tracy Hickman episode posted until Monday morning.

In completely unrelated news, I suppose at some point we could do a podcast about “setting expectations vs. fulfilling promises.”

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 at 8:33 pm and is filed under Site News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

1. March 22, 2009 @ 11:01 pm

As a purely palliative interim measure, we could all go over to http://www.schlockmercenary.com/TBPHugo.pdf and read the story, then critique it using all the insights and helpful hints that we’ve learned right here at Writing Excuses. Your blue books may be turned in through the mail slot in Howard’s door.

2. March 23, 2009 @ 12:21 am

Mike, I think i may want to kiss you.

This is going to totally destroy my day though. So much for being a productive member of the team today. All I can hope is that I am not the first shift driver, or my attention is going to be shot.
    Now I just need to load it up on the laptop. Dang big file.
    If I can’t have my Writing Excuses fix, at least I can read a Hugo nominee.

Posted by WEKM
  3. March 23, 2009 @ 12:32 am

“on setting expectations vs. fulfilling promises.”

*Pant* *Pant* Oh man, that had me in stitches. I look forward to it tomorrow, and in the meantime I got an excellent bit-o-humor!

Posted by Colter Hawksteter
  4. March 23, 2009 @ 2:20 am

Phooey. *sighs deeply*

Posted by Linda
  5. March 23, 2009 @ 5:52 am

Hey, as long as you’re up and running by the time I desparately need a sound-file-grading break around noon CST, I won’t cast virtual stones. …after that, all bets are off!

In oddly related news, Nathan Bransford, a literary agent, recently blogged about the question ‘what do authors owe thier readers’. It seems to be, in fact, a question for the ages.

Posted by Jen
  6. March 23, 2009 @ 12:56 pm

Not sure where howard got Monday morning, he should know I don’t do anything but sleep in the morning, it should be up by around 10pm MST tonight.

Posted by admin
  7. March 23, 2009 @ 2:37 pm

I’ve just seen it – Congratulations on your Hugo nomination, Mr Tayler!

Posted by LRK
  8. March 23, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

Boo. Hiss.
    ;)

Posted by Eliyanna
  9. March 23, 2009 @ 8:08 pm

Ok, my last comment was about the podcast being late, not Howard’s Hugo nomination! That gets a ‘Woo-hoo!’

Posted by Eliyanna
  10. March 23, 2009 @ 8:46 pm

Sure it was.

Ep 24 is submitted and once either Dan or Howard do their blurb magic it will be live.

Posted by admin
  11. March 23, 2009 @ 9:41 pm

and a bit of extrapolation and URL hackery shows that this

sounds a lot like a download of 24?

Although this

is what I put in?

Yes, we have a podcast! Roll ‘em!

12. March 23, 2009 @ 9:55 pm

Aaaand it’s up. Sorry for the lateness, and for the incorrect setting of expectations. For some reason I thought that Jordan would put this up as soon as he had electricity again, knowing that Dan or I would be able to then write the blurb and publish it while Jordo slept in.

Apparently my own expectations were incorrectly set. Oh, and my hopes dashed. TRAGEDY.

13. March 24, 2009 @ 2:15 am

That’s it, I’m installing a Taser alarm clock over at Jordo’s house. He will get up early and post our updates, even if it nearly kills him.
    ;>

Posted by WEKM
  14. March 24, 2009 @ 2:47 am

Stupid Utah weather. I hate it sometimes.

Posted by Rane